NEWS : Posted by : July 14, 2017
With the fourth SyndiK8 hero in Elder, the Rogue Hunter, the narratively crucial Soul Decrypt mission set in the expansive Botanical Gardens environment, and the intensely immersive Hostile Takeover PvP expansion, Raw Data has come so amazingly far from the OG build we released a year ago. And, as always, we have you guys to thank for making Raw Data the epic VR experience that it’s become.
We’ve already shared a lot of the thrilling additions in our Elder Hero Profile and Botanical Gardens Preview Tour, and we don’t want to spoil too much more, so here’s the devs talking about what to expect when you jump in:
To connect with your fellow Raw Data players and share the Update 0.7 experience in real time, we encourage everyone to join our official Survios Discord server to chat with the devs, organize co-op and PvP groups, compete in exclusive challenges, and more.
What a crazy journey it’s been. We can’t wait to hear your thoughts and feedback on Elder, Botanical Gardens, and PvP! Now go snipe some bots (and remember: stay close to the trees!).
Patch Notes for Update 0.7.0 (released July 14, 2017)
New Content / Functionality
Hostile Takeover – PVP Expansion
SyndiK8 and Eden Corp forces battle for control of a central Data Core throughout Eden Tower. Access this mode by selecting PvP in the front-end menu or selecting the PvP tab.
- Gain control of the Data Core through king of the hill style point control. Stand on the objective point to take control of it, and keep enemies off the point to maintain your control. The more of you on the point, the faster you can control it.
- All characters use manual/joystick locomotion and can walk or sprint
- Attacking or being attacked will end sprint
- Ultimates begin match on cooldown and do not automatically refresh on respawn
- Turrets are disabled in PvP
- PvP character classes start with all their abilities
PvP Hero Classes – The PvP classes embody the spirit of the central heroes, but exist as separate entities with tweaked power sets for more engaging pvp battles.
- Gun Cleric – Long- to mid-range class that excels at duck and cover, ranged gunplay. Crusader Pistols hit instantly with great accuracy. Charged Shots and Fusion Charge Shots can be lethal when getting the drop on someone. Bulletstorm mows down enemies, but be aware of your surroundings before deploying!
- Cyber Ninja – Close range assassin who can attack while running. Swords are lethal: get close and finish them, or use Focal Strike to extend your range! Telekinesis can be used to pull targets directly towards you. Shadow Slash sends out heat-seeking beams with every katana slash that will target other players.
- Street Merc – Close to mid-range powerhouse whose fists provide great mobility. Shotgun is lethal at close ranges, but quickly falls off in power. Well placed grenades can take care of pesky snipers. Iron Fist pummels players that get too close, and Fury lets you go on a melee rampage.
- Rogue Hunter – Long range assassin: if you can see them, you can kill them. Tagging arrows provide reliable shots at long ranges. Decoy can throw off your opponent and let you know they are closing in. Multi Shot sends out a spray of arrows that can hit multiple players at once. Explosive Arrows turns all your arrows into incendiary projectiles.
New Arena Maps
- Samsara – Among the many spaces here in Sector G Eco Habitat, none can compare to peace and tranquility of the Watson Genomics zen gardens! Sign up now and enjoy a period of rest, enlightenment, and ultra-violence as we eradicate the SyndiK8 forces currently storming the complex. Defend Eden’s crucial data in the simulated sun and genetically sculpted plants of our finest organic landscapes! A lush, open map set in the Gardens of Watson genomics featuring plentiful organic cover and hidden paths flanking the Data Core.
- Attunement – Eden Tower is home to a beautiful relaxation and meditation suite that’s currently occupied by SyndiK8 terrorists. Help defend Eden’s noble data in an interior facility designed for peaceful thinking and mindful awareness of your deadly opponents. Take advantage of our second floor balconies to stay ahead in ranged conflicts, or hide behind our modern outdoor planters for surprise close encounters!
- Terminus – Come and explore the Sector J Shipping Harbor like never before! Enjoy scenic vistas from the tallest tower in the world while protecting Eden’s confidential data from insurgent activities. Take cover behind Zaitomo’s state of the art cargo containers and find the upper hand among our sprawling catwalks and vertical pathways! A dense, industrial area surrounding a heavily fortified Data Core.
New Hero – Elder, Rogue Hunter – Update 0.7 brings Elder, the Rogue Hunter’s eagle eyes, stealthy gameplay, and powerful archery abilities into the fight.
- Weapon: Viper Compound Bow: Unique weapon used by Elder that can form arrows out of crystalline nanotech.
- Basic Shot: To create a Basic Arrow, hold your hand near the bow string and press the Trigger button to start forming an arrow while pulling back. Take aim, and release!
- Charged Arrow: Much like Bishop’s Crusader Pistols, Elder can charge up an arrow so it deals additional damage. To create a Charged Arrow, form a basic arrow, pull it back, and hold for a brief moment.
- Tagging Arrow: These special arrows tag targets in an area with a homing signal. For a short period, all your other arrows (including Multi Shot Arrows) will automatically aim at any tagged target at which you’re looking, so this is your time to rapid-fire away!
- Multi Shot Arrow: The Charged Arrow also has a split personality, in that it can be configured to fire in a spread of five individual arrows. Each of these Multi Shot Arrow projectiles deals less damage than a normal basic arrow, but is an effective spray-and-pray that can stall a massive horde of robots or drones surging toward you. Form a Multi Shot Arrow by creating a Charged Arrow while holding Trigger on your bow hand to freely toggle between Charge Shot and Multi Shot.
- Holoclone: Elder has more than just arrows up his sleeve. The aptly-named Holoclone is a lifelike illusion that, once deployed, draws enemies away—essentially lining them up for you to take them down. The best part: the Crystal Decoy explodes after taking a set amount of damage. Press the Grip buttons near your dominant-side hip to generate a decoy.
- Crystal Hazard: Both of Elder’s ultimate abilities create crystalline arrows that hit with a decisive impact. The first of these is Crystal Hazard; wherever a Crystal Hazard arrow lands, it shatters on impact to leave behind a lingering AoE that slows and damages enemies, as well as increasing additional damage taken.
- Explosive Arrows: Elder’s second ultimate ability is straightforward, but definitely hits hard. Explosive Arrows does just what it says: it modifies the composition of your crystalline arrows so they explode on impact! While active, all crystalline arrows formed are Explosive Arrows.
New Environment – Botanical Gardens
- A lush, bioengineered garden environment created for executives of Eden Corp. Complete with killer robots and psychotropic nanobots.
New Mission – Mission 7 – Soul Decrypt
- Take a tram ride into the Eden Corp’s Botanical Gardens–just watch out for the security systems on your way in.
- Carry your briefcase with you as you travel throughout the Watson Genomics compound to acquire new intel on Eden’s technology.
- There are hallucinations aplenty…keep close to the trees for safe havens.
New Tutorial and Combat Configurations
- Bow Tutorial: Become a master sniper with our Viper Bow Tutorial.
- Ninja Bots (Tekomo Series): Both Stealth and Teleshifting models have received significant upgrades to help give them a more diverse feel, and present a more dynamic challenge in all missions. Stealth Bot now focuses exclusively on killing the player: it approaches from stealth, and will reveal itself with a palm strike that temporarily disables all your locomotion options. Once revealed, can now approach the player while protecting itself with its sword. After sustaining enough damage, it will flip backwards while entering stealth and will attempt to re-engage. From long range, Teleshifting Bot will channel briefly before teleporting to the player with an attack, and then retreating to origin point. Will continue behavior until a player engages them. Once engaged, will slowly walk forward while teleshifting. Once in melee will slash, and occasionally leap backwards into a teleshift… and then fly right back at you with a powerful slam attack.
- Heavy Bots (Dynomo Series): Heavy robot models have behavior improvements as well as the addition of weak spots. Heavy Charger now chooses its attacks more intelligently and is more likely to punch players, instead of always trying to use slow overhand slam and stomp attacks. The overhand slam has been changed to trigger if it suffers enough damage while near a player. (Warning: few player abilities can stop this, so get ready to run!) Its legs are now considered a weak point: focusing fire on the legs will make them spark and malfunction. The next time this enemy charges, it will destroy itself. Heavy Rocket Bot changes behavior based on distance to players. At long range, it will fire rockets that seek the player. If left alone will flash eye and fire multiple rockets upward; mid range, will attempt to side strafe left and right while firing forward; close range: will punch players, knocking them a medium distance. Additionally, the rocket arm is now considered a weak point. Focusing fire on it will cause it to spark and malfunction, causing it to explode the next time it attempts to fire a rocket.
- New Joystick/Trackpad Locomotion Options: One of the most requested features of Raw Data has been the ability to use non-teleportation based forms of movement. With the advent of PvP, we’re also setting up an option for players to experience the main campaign with direct locomotion! In campaign mode, players can choose between Teleport Only, or Walk. Teleport Only is the classic experience. Walk is a hybrid option that lets you manually move around, but still allows you to Teleshift by clicking in your joystick/touchpad. Enemies will attack faster, shoot longer, and get in your face more often to provide a competitive challenge. PvP only supports joystick/touchpad locomotions and features sprint instead of teleport.
- Walk Movement Options: The new Walk movement style features new adjustable options! Head-Based Steering – The reference direction is determined by where you are facing, so pressing forward will move your character towards where you are looking. Controller-Based Steering – The reference direction is determined by where your secondary hand is pointing. Rolling your hand left/right also causes you to strafe. Click to Move is an option for Vive’s trackpad that changes how you interact with the touchpad. On Touch, any movement on the touchpad will translate into motion. On Click you must first press the button to move, or double-click to teleport/sprint.
- Comfort mode setting: FOV is now dynamically modified during particularly intense moments/actions. You can turn this default behavior off in the Gameplay option settings.
You can now enable smooth turning on devices that support quick turn functionality in Gameplay options.
- Helper System: Tutorial pop-ups will now trigger to guide players who might be struggling or to remind them of unused features. This system can be disabled in the Options menu.
- Rack-up Screen Polish Pass: The screen that displays after completing a mission has received significant visual polish to be more rewarding and streamlined for the player.
- Privacy Bubble: When enabled in Options, this feature will prevent other human players from invading the personal space of the player, transforming interlopers into a harmless semi-transparent avatar.
- New Ability Selector Implemented: Activated abilities can now be accessed quickly by holding down the trackpad or clicking in the joystick on the player’s main-hand controller to create a holographic interface. Abilities can be triggered by physically moving your hand into the appropriate holographic cube.
- New Meta Tool Selector Implemented: Pressing down on the touchpad/joystick activates the defense mode selector. Use it similarly to the new Ability Selector.
Gameplay / Balance Improvements
- UI/UX Polish: Most of the front-end menus and in-game menus have been adjusted, streamlined, and simplified to improve navigation throughout the game.
- Mission Waves Difficulty Pass: All missions in game have had their difficulty adjusted for co-op and single-player, with somewhat reduced enemy numbers and more intermittent enemy spawns to make combat better balanced for all classes.
- Mission 1 (Hardpoint) Time Limit: Increased time limit on Mission 1 – Hardpoint.
- Boss: Pump-to-Reload: Manual magazine loading on Dominator Shotgun has been removed. Only pumping is required. Additionally, the Dominator Shotgun can be pumped/reloaded with one hand by quickly tilting it up and down or punching it back and forward.
- Boss: Iron First: Iron Fist is no longer a starting power, but once unlocked, you now dash forward with each punch, and the charge up time has been removed. (There is a brief cooldown per fist after use)
- Boss: Nade Launcher: Nade Launcher is now a starting unlock. The ability to detonate grenades in the air is an additional unlock.
- Boss: Dominator Shotgun: Shotgun position no longer averaged out between both hands: the trigger grip will stay at the held hand position, regardless of how far you pull the pump hand.
- Saija: Shadow Slash: Shadow Slash has been reworked with improved projectile spawning and homing behavior. Enemies can now be delimbed after death, and enemies’ legs will now delimb on torso delimbing.
- Saija: Dual Katanas: Saija now has access to Dual Katanas. At least one blade needs to be put away in order to use Telekinesis.
- Bishop: Crusader Pistols: Pistols reworked to feel more responsive in multiplayer settings.
- Bishop: Charged Shot: Charged Shot now consumes ammo on use.
- New Unlock Progression: Cryptos have been removed from the game. Tech unlocks should now be available automatically upon mission completion.
- Ability Cooldown Notifications: A notification will now display when an activated ability cooldown is completed and is ready to use again.
- Oculus Touch Controls Improved: Quickturn joystick controls – Snapping joystick left/right turns you 45 degrees, holding joystick left/right turns you 90 degrees, snapping joystick back turns you 180 degrees. Ability Quick Activate buttons – Pressing X/A activates left/right abilities.
Graphics / Performance Optimizations
- UE4.15 Engine Upgrade: Forward Renderer enabled w/ MSAA.
- Graphics Options Improvements
- Boss: Dominator Shotgun: Improved performance on Boss’s shotgun fire.
- Mission: Extermination: Improved performance on Extermination.
- Mission: Thundershock: Improved performance on Thundershock
- CPU Optimizations: CPU optimizations across the board improving CPU performance by 40% on average.
- Crashes: Fixed various crashes and improved stability across the board.
- Unregistered Damage: Fixed an issue where users would sometimes randomly stop doing damage for a few seconds.
- Full Lobby: Fixed an issue where the host player’s lobby would remain full after a joined client had left.
- Hardpoint Bots: Bots should no longer walk through terminal geometry in Hardpoint.
- Simon Animation: Fixed an issue that caused Simon’s display to stop animating during dialogue in most missions.
- Meta Tool VFX: Meta Tool repair VFX should properly dismiss now.
- Elevator Shaft: Clients should no longer be able to fall through the elevator shaft when walking toward edge of playspace.
- Wrist Models: Hero model wrists should more smoothly adjust when player extends or twists their wrists.
- Nuke Fusion/Extermination Retry: Fixed a problem that was causing a network error when attempting to “Retry” Nuke Fusion and Extermination missions.
- Music: Death music should now properly play.
- Joined Client: Host player should now be properly warned when switching to SP with a joined client.
- Skybound Teleshift: Player should no longer be able to Teleshift outside gates in Skybound before they open.
- Stuck Bullet Casings: Bullet casings should no longer become stuck in the air when firing while on the elevator.
- Haptics: Fixed an issue that caused haptics to persist through death.
- Skybound/Vapor Exploit Knockback: Player should no longer become stuck when knocked back into spawn areas on Skybound and Vapor Exploit.
- Damage SFX: Heroes should no longer all use the same damage effort SFX when hit by an attack.
- Detached Hands: The player’s hand should no longer become detached from initial hand-scanner when near the edge of their playspace.
- Cataclysm Lasers: Laser SFX should properly play during elevator transitions in Cataclysm.
- Data Extractor: Player may sometimes be unable to insert the Data Extractor to start a mission. To workaround this issue, drop the extractor and allow the host to insert it into the Terminal.
- Shadows: Shadows have been temporarily disabled. They will be re-enabled in a future update.
- Matchfinding Avatars: Interaction range with matchfinding avatars is smaller than intended. This will be fixed in a coming update.
- Grip Button/Meta-Tool Crash: Spamming grip buttons and meta-tool near gun holster can cause a crash.
- Thrown Weapon: Thrown weapon physics behave in an unexpected fashion for some weapons.
- Friends List: Friends List does not always update status in real time.
- Singleplayer Score: Sometimes upon returning to Lobby after completing a singleplayer mission, the score will be reflected as a co-op score. This will be addressed in an upcoming update.
- Beam Bots: Beam Bots often miss their target and do not adjust their aim.
- Stuck in Showroom: If a joined client does not load into the showroom before the host has started their data upload, they may be stuck beneath the floor. Rejoining fixes this issue. This issue will be fixed in the next update.
- Host Data: Clients may not be able to see the host’s data transmitter after returning from a mission.
- PvP: Gun Cleric Bulletstorm: Bulletstorm VFX continue to play on Gun Cleric after it finishes.
- PvP: Street Merc Team Color: Street Merc’s first-person team color affiliation can sometimes be ambiguous.
- PvP: Privacy Bubble: Privacy bubble can turn avatars invisible when two players are in the same location.
- PvP: Elder Holoclone: Red Team’s Elder Holoclone can appear with incorrect team affiliation.
- Artificial Locomotion: Soul Decrypt Tram: Collision on steps descending from tram is uneven. Could cause player discomfort.
- Artifical Locomotion: Automos: Easy to “break” smaller bots behavior by walking into them/standing close with Walk locomotion.
- Soul Decrypt Dialogue: Simon and aNg3l will talk over each other if the player gets to the end of the hallway too quickly.
- Soul Decrypt Data Core: Client may sometimes not be able to see the Data Core. This will be fixed in the next update.
- Soul Decrypt Tram: Weapons will become misaligned when put away or thrown while on the tram.
- Soul Decrypt Teleshifting: If a player transitions into the Attunement Chamber while other player is teleshifting, the teleshifting player may be killed as the level streams out under them.
- Bishop: Reloading: Manual reloading animation does not play correctly when reloading a half-empty magazine.
- Boss: Iron Fist: When using the HOLD control scheme, Boss’s Iron Fist charge effect will continuously play.
- Boss: Air Juggle: Air Juggle does not function correctly if the player activates it while shotgun is holstered.
- Saija: Telekinesis: Bots can become unresponsive when spamming Telekinesis on/off on a target without attempting to throw the target.
- Saija: Levitation Smash: Sometimes the player will not jump up in the air when using Levitation Smash and walking.
- Saija: Katana Throw: Thrown Blade can pass through some geometry unintentionally.
- Elder: Multi Show: Multishot arrows do not change to explosive arrows.
- Elder: Holoclone: Enemies will attack Holoclone as if it is ducking.